domingo, 30 de enero de 2011

My Winter Break



For my winter break I went to Mexico (mostly Mexico City), there I had a lot of fun because I got to see my hometown and visit my family. When I arrived Mexico I was greeted by my grandparents and my sister (who had already been there for about two weeks). After that I fell a sleep right away because I had to take a twelve-hour trip to get there. After the first few days where we were dazed from jetlag and just settling into our house in Mexico we started went to visit the museum of tolerance which had just opened a couple of weeks ago in the center of the city.  To be honest the museum was kid of traumatizing but also really informative and makes you think about society and how we just let these genocides happen and not do anything until after the damage has been done.

A few days later we went to Cuernavaca; a city where many people got to avoid all the pollution and sometimes cold whether that Mexico City has. There we celebrated Christmas as we usually do with a turkey and some Mexican foods. While in Cuernavaca we also went to some pyramids that had been constructed by the Tlacuilos six hundred years ago. I found that really interesting because I only lived there until I was three and only went to school in other countries, I’ve never learnt that much about Mexican history. The days in between Christmas and new-years were really boring because my dad had to go do something about his work so we didn’t do anything. But new-years was really awesome because we went to this really fancy hotel called Nikko near Chapultepec (a park in Mexico where Maximilian used to live) and while there we went to visit the park which is full of monuments, ponds, trees and even an old palace. On new-years eve we went to a restaurant in the hotel and stayed until 12:00 and at that exact time we heard all fireworks and trumpets that people were using and overall it was just amazing. But after new-years we had to leave so I said good-bye to my family and got on the plane back to Caracas.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario